Regional Pharmaceutical Forums
In collaboration with WHO, FIP fostered the establishment of regional pharmaceutical forums between 1992 and 2004. The Forums bring together national pharmaceutical organisations from each of the six regions established by the World Health Organization, in collaboration with FIP and WHO.
They are platforms for professional cooperation amongst these partners, with the aim of enabling the pharmacy profession to have a greater impact on improving health and the efficiency of health care systems through pharmacy services. They also organise professional and educational programmes to promote good pharmacy practice and strengthen the pharmacy workforce in the countries and territories of their region.
The Regional Pharmaceutical Forums have been formed in WHO' s geographical subdivisions:
- Europe: The EuroPharm Forum (est. 1992) was discontinued at the end of 2015
- Americas: Pharmaceutical Forum of the Americas (est. 2000). Click here to read the 2016 PFA Annual Report.
- South-East Asia: SEARPharm Forum (est. 2001). Click here to read the 2016 SEARPharm Forum Annual Report.
- Western Pacific: Western Pacific Pharmaceutical Forum (est. 2001). Click here to read the 2016 WPPF Annual Report.
- Eastern Mediterranean: EMROPharm Forum (est. 2002). Click here to read the 2016 EMROPharm Forum Annual Report.
- Africa: African Pharmaceutical Forum (est. 2004). Click here to read the 2016 APF Annual Report.
FIP is proud to work together with the Forums for mutually beneficial advancement of FIP projects, initiatives and the FIP 2020 Vision and Strategic Plan.
For additional information about the cooperation of FIP with the Regional Pharmaceutical Forums, please contact us.