FIP Individual Membership
Connecting the world's pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists
When you become an Individual Member of FIP you are immediately connected to an international network of peers and colleagues, many of whom share the same professional interests and aspirations as you.
With your Individual Membership you are invited to choose, free of charge, membership in one of the Practice Sections or Scientific Special Interest Groups (SIGs). You are also welcome to become a member of additional Sections/SIGs at a nominal fee.
Within these specialised groups you will discover unique communities dedicated to advancing a particular area of pharmacy practice and science, all very eager to welcome new, enthusiastic Members.
Benefits of FIP Individual Membership
FIP is the only worldwide network of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists that combines the broad scope of pharmacy with focussed and dedicated interests of specific professional fields. FIP has nine professional Practice Sections and 10 Special Interest Groups (SIG) for the sciences.
Individual Members have:
- Access to FIP world congresses at a significantly reduced rate (you must be an individual member of FIP for at least two years before the Congress and ALL of your membership fees must be fully paid up.)
- Access to FIP Sections and SIGs with focussed programmes and communications
- Access to world leaders in the pharmacy profession and pharmaceutical sciences
Opportunities to meet international colleagues and exchange experiences, views and information
Development, Involvement and ACTION!
FIP creates a worldwide development and educational environment through the work of Members and from the organisation of conferences and symposia.
Individual Member will have:
- Access to continuing education programmes
- Access to FIP conferences and symposia
- Opportunities to actively participate in discussion groups, workgroups and taskforces
- Opportunities to develop projects and initiatives and actively contribute to global projects
FIP has access to worldwide information on the developments in the pharmacy profession and the pharmaceutical sciences. FIP makes this information available to its members through regular publications and dedicated website pages.
Individual Members will benefit from:
- A free subscription to the biannual International Pharmacy Journal (IPJ)
- Notification and access to workshops and seminars held by Sections/SIGs
- Access to the Member's Only Section of the website, which includes abstracts and presentations from previous Congresses
FIP provides leadership in the enhancement of the pharmaceutical profession and science by issuing policy statements, guidelines and international standards. As an NGO, FIP provides input to the world healthcare decision-making process of the World Health Organization (WHO).
Individual Membes have the opportunity to:
- Comment on FIP-statements, guidelines, and standards at the FIP Assembly
- Access working groups and projects in pharmacy
- Access new international developments and trends in pharmacy
- Become executive members of Sections, Boards and other FIP decision making bodies
FIP and the FIP Foundation for Education and Research actively stimulates and supports the education of, and research by, pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, especially in those area's where there is a shortage of financial means like in developing countries.
The Individual Member will be able to:
- Help FIP in supporting and stimulating education and research in those areas where they are most needed