Industrial Pharmacy Section
Founded in 1955, FIP’s Industrial Pharmacy Section (short “IPS”) has expanded to a worldwide industrial pharmacy network. It embraces all functions where industrial pharmacists are employed, in developing and developed countries.
Benefits of being a member of IPS
What’s in the Industrial Pharmacy Section for YOU?
- Free electronic quarterly international journal “Industrial Pharmacy”
- Free electronic quarterly IPS Newsletter with early information on Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Science & Practice training workshops, with up-to-date information on development and manufacturing, biotechnology, QC/QA and the regulation of pharmaceuticals and much, much more…
- Reduced rates at FIP Symposia and training events
- Networking facilities during the FIP Congress and at IPS Workshops all year round
- Access to colleagues world-wide to provide a network of technical, quality and regulatory expertise
Industrial Pharmacy Section Awards and prizes
- IPS Medal of Excellence
- Mike How Travel Award for young pharmacists or pharmacy students (in coordination with IPSF and YPG). Click here for the 2012 Call and here for the application form).
- Best Industrial Poster at the FIP Congress
- The Industrial Pharmacy Award for the best short oral presentation at the FIP Congress
How to become a member
If you are an industrial pharmacist or pharmaceutical scientist working in, or for, the pharmaceutical industry or with the regulatory authorities, we invite you to enjoy the membership benefits by becoming an IPS member right now: Join IPS.
Depending on your country the annual membership fee is € 35, € 56 or € 94. Students and recent graduates pay half price. By becoming a member you enhance and strengthen the international community of industrial pharmacists and have the opportunity to learn from colleagues in similar situations.
IPS Activities at the FIP Congress in Hyderabad 2011
- Pharmaceutical manufacturing
- Pediatric medicines - challenges and opportunities
- Your Career in Industrial Pharmacy - From drug development to drug distribution
- Solving practical tableting problems
- Pharmaceuticals in the environment
- Good Manufacturing Practices - expectations for the coming decade
- Competition to the best oral industrial presentation (Short Oral Communications)
- IPS Poster session
- IPS Business meeting
- IPS Section Dinner