The aim of this special interest group is to enable young scientists (MS/PhD students, postdocs, and early-career scientists) to impact the future of the global pharmaceutical sciences community. We also strive to connect young scientists in academia, industry, and government and offer an opportunity for global networking.
- Establish a formal FIP platform for exchange among international young pharmaceutical scientists
- Enhance cross-disciplinary activities with non-pharmacy professions
- Enable effective outreach activities to pharmaceutical sciences communities during the formative years
- Interfacing with other FIP or non-FIP groups of young people focused on development and use of new medical products (e.g., YPG, IPSF)
- Serve as a platform for mentorship of future leaders in pharmaceutical sciences with a global vision
How we work
The SIG is chaired by Ms Rebecka Isaksson (Sweden)
- In 2018 the New Generation of Pharmaceutical Scientist (NGPS) SIG was introduced and work has commenced to recruit a leadership team.
- The first webinar series hosted by NGPS group will launch in autumn 2019 and feature career pathways and changes for pharmaceutical scientists.
- In 2020 the NGPS is aiming to actively participate in
- The 2nd FIP Young Scientist Satellite Conference, in Montreal 2020.
- The 7th FIP Pharmaceutical Sciences World Congress, in Montreal 2020.
For more information on this SIG, please contact us at NextGenBPS@fip.org
Please join our LinkedIn group: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/13529801/
Want to join our team?
We are looking for motivated and creative young pharmaceutical scientist to join our team! This is a wonderful opportunity to expand your international network and help shape the future work of NGPS. If you are interested, please send a short resume to NextGenBPS@fip.org.